The underlisted items must be presented by the Taxpayer before a Tax Refund can be processed. They are:
1. The taxpayer must be registered for Tax purposes with any of the FIRS Large Tax Offices (LTO), Medium Tax Office (MTO), or Micro and Small Tax Office (MSTO).
2. Original copy of Tax Refund Request application from Taxpayer or Collecting Bank stating clearly the following:
3. The Refund request application from the Taxpayer or Bank should contain the following depending on reason for refund request:
4. Tax Refund Application will be processed in the name that appears on the Pay- Direct platform in case of existing Taxpayers.
5. Banks are required to provide an indemnity letter for all refund being sought. This indemnity letter must be duly stamped at our appropriate stamp duties office.
All the documents submitted above will be carefully verified and audited where applicable by FIRS and only successful applications will be passed on to the approving authority for Tax Refund, which must be made within ninety (90) days of the decision of the Service that you qualify for a refund.…… it pays to pay your tax.
For enquiries or feedback about service received at any of our offices nationwide, please mail any of the listed addresses, or call the following numbers:
|Phone Numbers|| 09074444441