Requirement for Tenders
Interested reputable contractors and Service providers who wish to work for the Service must have necessary competencies and possess the following:
- Verifiable Certificate of the Company’s Registration/Incorporation with the relevant authority (Corporate Affairs Commission in the case of a Nigerian company)
- Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate issued by the proper authority
- Submit evidence of membership of the relevant professional association or organisation
- VAT Registration Certificate
- Company profile reflecting executive capacity, plant & Equipment owned and Personnel (Where applicable)
- Evidence from the company’s bankers as to its financial capacity to undertake works if awarded. In addition prospective service providers shall be required to demonstrate that they are financially capable to provide any service which they may be offered, following this general prequalification. Please note that bankers letter merely stating that the applicant is a customer within any turnover range is not conclusively indicative of financial capacity and therefore not acceptable.
- A sworn statement that the company is not in receivership.
- Accompanying sworn affidavit of disclosure; to disclose clearly if any of the officers (or related person) of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) or Bureau for Public Procurement is a former or present Director of the company and that the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
- Verifiable documentary evidence of similar and other jobs successfully executed within the last three years. Such evidence shall be in form of valid and verifiable letters of award of contract, contract agreement and completion certificates or Interim Payment Certificates where such jobs are still in progress as well as Turnover figures as evident in the Tax Clearance Certificate.
- Submit evidence of having fulfilled all obligations in relation to pensions and social security contributions in accordance with the provisions of the Pensions Act 2004.
- A sworn affidavit that the company is not a replacement for a hitherto tax defaulting company.
- Compliance with industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act
All contractors who have defaulted on previous contract(s) awarded to them by FIRS.