REQUEST FOR PROPOSAL FOR THE PROVISION OF PLUMBING MAINTENANCE SERVICE AT FIRS TRAINING SCHOOL, DURUMI, ABUJA
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) of Nigeria is a semi-autonomous agency established in 1943 to collect tax on behalf of the Federal Government of Nigeria. Its vision is to deliver quality service to taxpayers in partnership with other stakeholders and make taxation the pivot of national development. Its mission is to operate an efficient and transparent tax system that optimizes tax revenue collection and voluntary compliance. The Service is desirous in providing conducive working environment for its staff and has made budgetary provision in 2019 for the provision of Plumbing Maintenance Service at its training School, Durumi. FIRS hereby invites eligible Service Providers to provide plumbing maintenance services for its Training School at Durumi, Abuja.
The objectives of this project is to ensure that the plumbing facilities are in good condition at all times.
Specific deliverables of the proposed services are:
- Toilet facilities (WCs, wash hand basins and urinals) and all the associated accessories.
- Bathroom facilities (shower tray, Jacuzzi, sauna, shower mixer, water heater, kitchen sinks) and all the associated accessories.
- Boreholes and associated accessories.
- Water tanks/reservoirs.
- External taps.
The contractors’ obligation is to ensure the above are in good working condition all the time through daily/ routine inspection to prevent breakdown. In the event of damage the contractor is obliged to replace the under listed components as they are the most often problematic.
- Ball valves
- Flushing master/handles
- Basin taps/shower taps
- Union connector
- Flexible connector
- Repair of galvanize pipes and their faults
- Floor drains gauze
- External faucets (taps)
- Water pipes/waste pipes (not more than 6 meter length)
- Waste connector
- PAM connector
- Flexible showers and hose (replacement)
- Repair of submersible and surface pumps (rewiring it) but not replacement.
- Servicing of boreholes (flushing annually)
- Servicing of water treatment plant with replacement of chemicals (if available)
- Electrical fuse contractors
- Carry out minor repairs on the electrical fuse contractors
- Carry out minor repairs on the electrical panels of the water treatment plant.
FIRS will provide for the following major components in the event that they need replacement.
- Wash hand basin
- Shower trays
- Water heater
- Kitchen sink
- Submersible and surface pumps
- Water storage tanks
- Replacement of water/waste pipes over 6 meters length.
- Replacement of water treatment plant.
The project would run for a period of one (1) year.
5. Eligibility to Participate
i. Company profile
ii. Verifiable Certificate of registration with Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) and memorandum and articles of association.
iii. The Current Tax Clearance Certificate (2019 TCC).
iv. Evidence of having fulfilled all obligations in relation to Pensions and Social Security contribution in accordance with the provisions of the Pension Act, 2004 (2017 PENCOM and NSITF certificates), where applicable.
v. Evidence of Compliance with Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act, 2011 (2018 Certificate of compliance), where applicable.
vi. Evidence of Registration on the BPP National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service Providers (2019 BPP registration).
Note: For further details on eligibility, please refer to the SBD.
5. COLLECTION OF TENDER DOCUMENTS.
Tender documents can be collected, after showing copy of treasury receipt, from FIRS Treasury Operations Office (TOO) as an evidence of payment of non-refundable fee of N2,000.00 credited to FIRS Tender account with CBN via remita from 18th March, 2019 to 14th April, 2019 (Except on weekends and public holidays) from the address stated below (#7).
6. SUBMISSION OF TENDER DOCUMENT:
Prospective companies are required to submit their bid documents (hand delivery, NOT by courier) one (1) copy in a sealed envelope (the envelop should bear the vendor’s name and address on the reverse side) and clearly marked “PROVISION OF PLUMBING MAINTENANCE SERVICE IN FIRS TRAINING SCHOOL, DURUMI ABUJA”. RFP documents are to be registered and thereafter dropped in the designated box at the address below:
Office of The Director, Procurement Department,
Federal Inland Revenue Service, Revenue House, Annex 3, (Room 003),
14 Sokode Crescent, Off Michael Okpara Street, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.
7. The submission of tender documents shall be on or before 14th April, 2019 during working hours of 9.00am – 4.00pm except on weekends and public holidays. Any document submitted after this deadline of 12.00pm 14th April, 2019 shall be rejected.
8. Documents received will be publicly opened by 12:00pm prompt on 14th April, 2019 at the address above in the presence of the company representatives who wish to witness the opening.
9. For all enquiries, please call 08074983355 or e-mail: email@example.com.
- Submission of tender does not commit FIRS to awarding contracts to a tenderer.
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service reserves the right to verify claims made by any contractor, suppliers or service providers.
- Tendering with false documents shall lead to exclusion from the Tendering/Evaluation process and reported to the relevant authority.
Secretary, FIRS Tenders Board.
For: Executive Chairman, FIRS