PRE-QUALIFICATION FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF FIRS OFFICES IN LAGOS AND WARRI
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) has allocated funds in the year 2018 budget for the Construction of FIRS Ikeja MSTO, Lagos and Construction of Warri MSTO.This is in a bid to provide safe, conducive working environment for its workforce and tax payers alike with a view to improving productivity and optimizing revenue collection. To achieve the desired objective the Service hereby invites existing and prospective contractors to submit pre-qualification documents to be considered for the construction of the projects.
2. Project Location:
a. CONSTRUCTION OF FIRS IKEJA MSTO, LAGOS
b. CONSTRUCTION OF WARRI MSTO
The project scope of work is as per the details in the BOQs.
3. Eligibility to Participate:
Interested reputable contractors must have necessary competences and possess the following:
a. Certificate of the company’s Registration/Incorporation verifiable from Corporate Affairs Commission.
b. Company’s Current Tax Clearance Certificate (2018 TCC).
c. Evidence of clearance certificate of having fulfilled all obligations in relation to Pensions Act 2004 (As amended).
d. Evidence of certificate of compliance from Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act 2011.
e. Evidence of registration on the National Database of Contractors, Consultants and Service providers with the Bureau of Public Procurement (BPP).
f. A sworn statement that the company is not in receivership or Financially/Legally encumbered.
g. Accompanying sworn affidavit of disclosure; to disclose clearly if any of the officers (or related person) of the Federal Inland h. Revenue Service (FIRS) or Bureau for Public Procurement is a former or present Director of the company and that the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
h. A sworn affidavit that the company is not a replacement for a hitherto tax defaulting company.
i. Company profile in line with the following criteria:
Profile of the company:
- Management Structure.
- Years of Experience of the Project Manager in the Construction Industry (Attach CV,certificates,details of Project Handled with Proof).
- Size of Company (Technical & Non Technical Staff).
- Name of head of Technical team for the proposed project with relevant certification (ARCON,COREN,CORBON,QRSBN, etc).
- Members of proposed technical team must have minimum 1no Quantity Surveyor, 1no Architects, 3nos Engineers (Civil, Electrical and Mechanical Engineer) who are registered with relevant professional bodies.
Experience in performing similar work:
- Evidence of project execution in the last 3 years (Attach award letters, completion certificate or interim payment certificate).
- Evidence of Health and Safety Policies.
Equipments, plants and machinery/Quality Control:
- List of relevant construction equipment available to be deployed for the FIRS project.(Show proof of ownership or lease agreement with a leasing company).
- Quality control measures to be adopted by the company on the project.
- Attach proposed attainable workschedule and milestone using Microsoft Project.
- Proof of access to funding or letter from a credible bank indicating willingness to fund the project.
- Turnover as reflected on Tax Clearance Certificate.
j. Evidence of audited account for the last three years.
4. Not Eligible:
All Contractors who have defaulted on previous contract(s) awarded to them by Government.
5. Submission of Pre-qualification Documents:
Interested reputable companies shall submit their pre-qualification documents (original & 2 copies) in sealed envelopes marked “PROJECT NAME (AS STATED IN PARAGRAPH 2)”bearing the name and address of the company. Pre-qualification documents are to be submitted (Hand delivery, not by courier) to:
Federal Inland Revenue Service, Revenue House Annex 3,
14 Sokode Crescent, Off Michael Okpara Street, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja.
The documents shall be registered with the designated officer in charge at the office of the Director, Procurement Department and thereafter dropped in the tender box provided for the purpose on or before 12.00 noon, 1st November, 2018.
6. Submission Date and Time:
The closing date for the submission of EOIshall be 12.00 noon on November 13, 2018 at the address stated above.Any tender submitted after this deadline shall be rejected.
7. Opening Date and Time:
The opening of prequalification documents commences immediately after the close of submission on 1st November, 2018 from 12.00 noon at the address stated in paragraph 5 above in the presence of the company representatives, civil society Organization(s) and the general public who choose to witness the opening.
- Submitting Tender documents does not commit FIRS to awarding contract to any firm.
- The Federal Inland Revenue Service reserves the right to verify claims made by any Firm.
- Tendering with false document is an offence which will lead to disqualification and prosecution.
For enquiries, please contact us on 08074983355; Email: email@example.com
Secretary, FIRS Tenders Board,
For: Executive Chairman FIRS
18th October, 2018.