SPECIFIC PROCUREMENT NOTICE (SPN) REQUEST FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST FOR THE APPOINTMENT OF EXTERNAL AUDITOR FOR FIRS
The Federal Inland Revenue Service (“FIRS” or “The Service”) is a government agency charged with the powers of administration, assessment, collection, and accounting for taxes that are federally administered in Nigeria. It was established by the Federal Inland Revenue Service (Establishment) Act, 2007.
The object of the Service is to administer the different tax laws specified in the First Schedule and other laws made or to be made, from time to time, by the National Assembly or other regulations made there under by the Government of the Federation.
Currently, the Service prepares its annual Financial Statements in accordance with applicable International Public Sector Accounting Standards (IPSASs), Nigeria General Accepted Accounting Principles (N-GAAPs) and Financial Regulation. The accounting system and related business functions run on Systems Applications Products (SAP) Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP).
The purpose of this advert is to solicit proposals from competent audit firms for eventual engagement as External Auditor to carryout statutory audit of the Service accounts commencing from the financial year ending 31st December, 2018.
The Service hereby invites “Expression of Interest” from reputable and experienced auditors to undertake audit assignment for its financial year beginning 1st of January, 2018.
2. Scope of Work:
The audit shall cover the adequacy of the accounting and financial operations and reporting systems of the Service. These include budget control, cash management, certification and approving authority, receipt of funds,disbursement of funds, recording of all financial transactions in expenditure reports, record maintenance and control. Other areas to cover in the audit are; Human Resources, Procurement, Asset Management, General Administration, Information System.
3. Eligibility Requirement:
Interested Audit firms shall provide the following:
- Verifiable Certificate of the Firm’s Registration/Incorporation with the relevant authorities (Corporate Affairs Commission and others)
- Firm’s/Partner’s valid Tax Clearance Certificate (2018) issued by the proper tax authority
- Evidence of clearance certificate of having fulfilled all obligations in relation to pensions and social security contributions in accordance with the provisions of the Pensions Act, 2014 (2018)
- Evidence of Certificate of compliance from Industrial Training Fund (ITF) Act, 2011 (2018)
- A sworn statement that the company is not in receivership or Financially/Legally encumbered.
- Accompanying sworn affidavit of disclosure; to disclose clearly if any of the officers (or related person) of the Federal Inland Revenue Service (FIRS) or Bureau for Public Procurement is a former or present Director of the company and that the company does not have any Director who has been convicted in any country for any criminal offence relating to fraud or financial impropriety.
- A sworn affidavit that the company is not a replacement for a hitherto tax defaulting company.
- Evidence of practicing certificate from relevant professional bodies e.g. ICAN, ANAN.
- Evidence of Audit Team Members’ professional qualifications such as ACA, ACCA, CISA, CNA, ACTI.
- Evidence of registration/renewal with the Office of the Auditor General of the Federation
- Evidence of registration with Financial Reporting Council of Nigeria.
- Signed transmittal letter on firm’s letter headed paper bearing firm’s RC number, phone number, functional email address, official firm address, names and nationalities of the partners of the firm
- Verifiable documentary evidence of similar and other jobs successfully executed within the last three years with asset based value of ₦30 billion and above. Such evidence shall be in form of valid and verifiable letters of award of contract, contract agreement and completion certificates or interim payment certificate where such jobs are still in progress.
(1 – 10 marks, 2 & 3 – 20 marks, 4 & 5 – 30 marks, and 5 above – 50 marks).
Only shortlisted Firms will be contacted.
4. Submission of EOI:
A copy of theproposal shall be submittedin a sealed envelope indicating the project name, appropriately marked as “APPOINTMENT OF SERVICE EXTERNAL AUDITORS 2018” and on the reverse side of the envelope the name and the address of the audit firm.
Proposals are to be Hand Delivered to:
Federal Inland Revenue Service, Revenue House Annex 3,
Sokode Crescent, Off Michael Okpara Street, Wuse Zone 5, Abuja
5. Submission Closing Date:
The closing date for the submission of EOIshall be 12 noon on November 12, 2018 at the address stated above.Any tender submitted after this deadline shall be rejected.
6. Submission Opening Date:
EOI shall be opened immediately after closing time for submission as indicated above at the Procurement Department, FIRS Revenue House, Annex III Wuse, Abuja.
- Submitting tender document does not commit FIRS to awarding a contract to a firm.
- The Federal inland Revenue Service reserves right to verify claims made by any firm
- Tendering with false document is an offence which will lead to disqualification and prosecution
- All Contractors who have defaulted on previous contract(s) awarded to them by Government are not eligible
For enquiries, please contact us on 08074983355; email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Secretary, FIRS Tenders Board,
For; Executive Chairman,
Federal Inland Revenue Service