SERVICOM is Your voice in FIRS
Quality service delivery is the hall mark of any service oriented organization and can only be achieved if there is constant feedback between the service giver and the service taker. At the Federal Inland Revenue Service, taxpayers are the prime receivers of our services and so their input will make a significant impact in our bid to operate a qualitative and efficient tax administration.
We recognize the importance of this relationship, hence the creation of the Office of the National Taxpayer Advocacy role in the Service. Reporting directly to the Executive Chairman, the taxpayers’ voice will be heard. The taxpayer’s complaints are acknowledged and timely resolution is our promise to you.
If a taxpayer feels dissatisfied with any policy, legislation or our operations, he or she is free to channel suggestions for changes or improvements for the benefit of all taxpayers.
Our key responsibilities are to:
- Champion the taxpayer’s point of view on taxation (policy legislation and administration) as it affects their operations.
- Track resolution of stakeholder’s issues to ensure they are dealt with fairly and within prescribed timeframes.
- Conduct systemic advocacy for key segments of the Nigerian taxpaying society Undertake regular analysis of issues and stakeholders needs to support development and dissemination of quality data analysis & report to the Service, SERVICOM, stakeholders and the general public.
- We work for you the taxpayer and our services are free. We focus on core taxation issues and not on employment or HR related issues.
- We also support retirees from FIRS who can also access our services on issues affecting their welfare.
You can reach us directly if you are not satisfied with services received at any of the FIRS offices nationwide: call or send text on 09072111111 and 09073777777 You can also send us an email on email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The worst thing you can do is to do nothing at all. We are your voice; help us to serve you better.