Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In
Tax Guide For New Business Owners
As a new business owner, you are expected to:
1.          Register as a corporate entity with the Corporate Affairs Commission, (CAC);
2.          For new business owners, your Taxpayers Identification Number (TIN) is generated automatically.
       For further information, click HERE.
       TIN is free
For registered businesses that have not obtained or have forgotten their TIN click HERE:
and type in your RC Number/BN Number @ to ascertain your (TIN).
Your corresponding business name and the assigned TIN and Tax Office will be displayed.
TIN has been generated for all registered companies and entreprises.
3.          Register to file and remit Value Added Tax, (VAT) and Withholding Tax (WHT) at the nearest FIRS office. (See the list of FIRS offices HERE  
       Note that you must file and pay VAT and WHT tax returns not later than 21st of every month. 
       You can also download VAT and WHT tax forms HERE
4.         File your Companies Income Tax, CIT, returns not later than six months after the end of the Accounting  Year or 18 months after the commencement of business or whichever comes first.